Re: A17: keep or drop entities?

At 04:49 AM 10/10/96 GMT, Charles F. Goldfarb wrote:
>Actually, Tim, I was supporting your position. The keyword SDATA in the ISO
>character entity set is unnecessary because the replacement text is a symbolic
>string. (My original intention was that a system would use an equivalent entity
>set in which the replacement text was real system data.)

The [xxxxxx] replacement text "templates" have been widely implemented
to produce the desired glyphs.  But this doesn't mean they're not system
data, does it?  It's still essentially a "processing instruction that
returns data" (clause 8).  Regular internal text entities aren't
supposed to have this property.

        Eve