Re: A4: XML's use of SHORTTAG?

At 10:25 AM 10/8/96 -0700, Bill Smith wrote:
>I would argue that we not allow default attributes, etc. in the first
version of
>XML. Allowing default attribute values demands that we require a DTD or
some DTD
>subset for all documents that make use of this shorthand notation.
>Unfortunately, this places a burden on all XML client developers of
parsing and
>interpreting DTDs - correctly.

I disagree, Bill. This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to read the
DTD. The stylesheet would probably specify the default behavior anyway, so
it really doesn't matter much if it is in the instance or not.

bob

Robert Streich				streich@slb.com
Schlumberger				voice: 1 512 331 3318
Austin Research				fax:   1 512 331 3760