Re: A26: ANY keyword?

At 09:02 AM 10/7/96 -0400, Gavin Nicol wrote:
>>>A.26 Like SGML, XML will allow elements to be declared ANY (11.2.4).
>>
>>Upon further consideration, I think I'll vote NO on this one.
>
>Given that we're talking about DTD-less parsing, it seems that we
>*must* have this one...

I don't think that a DTD-less parser should make any presumptions about
content model. It shouldn't care, or presume that a particular element has
element content, mixed content or ANY content. That's why we have to have a
parsing model that has no such distinctions.

In other words, I think that if we keep the ANY keyword, it would be
entirely for that subset of the parsers that DO USE DTDs.

 Paul Prescod