Re: questions about entities and entity declarations

At 12:30 AM 9/26/96 GMT, Charles F. Goldfarb wrote:
>This proposal only dealt with entities. I haven't seen any sentiment to abolish
>character references. I would support keeping them. (Obviously, we have to
if we
>are going to exclude internal SDATA entities.)

Charles, I agree with your proposal except for this. Numeric character
references don't work since you can't reliably predict what glyph will be
displayed for that value.

What is wrong with the SDATA entities anyway? Is there an alternative
suggestion such that you can use a symbolic name for the desired glyph
so that the application can then use whatever font is available that
contains that glyph?

bob

Robert Streich				streich@slb.com
Schlumberger				voice: 1 512 331 3318
Austin Research				fax:   1 512 331 3760