Re: Newlines in element content (i.e TABLES)

> Let's be clear here: as I understand this proposal it is the absolute
> opposite of Charles'. Instead of removing mixed content, it must either make
> ALL CONTENT MIXED CONTENT or restrict all newlines in "element" content.
> After all, a parser without a DTD doesn't know what is mixed content and
> what is element content

That's correct.  For what it's worth, SoftQuad Panorama can display SGML
tables with newlines between the tags, even if PCDATA is allowed there.
It isn't particularly hard to implement, as far as I can see.

Try making P a Panorama table and B a table cell in an HTML file... :-)

Note that a parser without a DTD also can't use SHORTREF to interpret quotes.

Lee