Re: RS/RE: basic questions
At 09:30 PM 9/22/96 -0700, Joe English wrote:
>(Personally I wouldn't mind disallowing inclusion
>exceptions, and restricting PIs and comment declarations
>to element content or even to the prolog; but I do think
>that disallowing mixed content is too restrictive.)
Can somebody help me?
Joe seems to be proposing that if we
* restrict PIs and comments to element content
* restrict mixed-content-models to "|"
* disallow inclusion exceptions
then we can reduce the RS/RE handling rules to "Robert's Rules" ( =) ) of
In data content:
1. If an element begins or ends with a newline [not entirely
accurate, but this is what people see], the newline is ignored.
2. Newlines inside markup are ignored.
3. All other newlines are passed on.
Is this really the case? Is this simplification an option?