Re: XML vrs SGML tools [was Re: Capitalizing on HTML (was ...)]

Paul Prescod writes:

 > Right. That's why I'm worried about this RS/RE correction proposal. I don't
 > think today's SGML editors will support it. Otherwise, the proposal is quite
 > elegant and simple.

That gets us back to the "grandfather" situation.  This says that XML
must be defined by the intersection of capabilties of some, yet to be
determined, set of existing editors which have already defined their
own version of XML.  How do we select that set of existing editors?

-Bill

--
William D. Lindsey
blindsey@bdmtech.com