Re: Capitalizing on HTML (was Re: equivalent power in SGML and XML)

[Charles Goldfarb:]

| The reason I attempted a concise summary of my understanding of the
| principles-modulo-current-apparent-consensus was because ambiguous and
| contradictory (to me, at least) "principles" were being used as
| reasons to support or reject various proposals.

We have a fairly complete statement of XML design principles:

   http://www.textuality.com/sgml-erb/dd-1996-0001.html

It would help organizationally if discussions about the design
principles were stated in terms of this draft, either as proposed
amendments to existing points or proposed additions to the draft.

Jon (traffic cop hat on)