Re: XML and required DTDs

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:52:44 -0400, "Steven J. DeRose" <sjd@ebt.com> wrote:

>The only things blocking you from parsing one-entity minimal SGML document
>without a DTD are:
>
>   a) Declared content (CDATA/RCDATA/EMPTY elements)
>   b) The RE-ignoring rules.

Exactly! Just eliminate declared content and mixed content and you've solved the
problem. We don't need those constructs for XML, they are just forms of markup
minimization parading under other names.
--
Charles F. Goldfarb * Information Management Consulting * +1(408)867-5553
           13075 Paramount Drive * Saratoga CA 95070 * USA