[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: short-tag considered unhealthy

> Please, no; these save a tiny number of bytes, make it harder for
> both humans and computers to understand, and for people who don't
> already know SGML, have to be explained.

Actually a tiny number of bytes can add up quickly in large files,
but I to am willing to do without </>.  What I would  like is to be
able to leave off the end tag entirely and have XML assume that I
wanted to close the immediately  proceeding element so that

<list>
<item>Item 1
<item>Item 2
<item>Item 3
</list>

would be legal.  Doing this should be easy assuming that the EMPTY
element problem is dealt with.

B. Todd Bauman
Graduate Student