Re: Questions about The Questions

Thanks, Martin, for getting this going.

At 07:19 PM 9/9/96 +0100, Martin Bryan wrote:
>Before attempting to answer the questions asked in the forms associated with
>DD-1996-002.html it is necessary to raise some questions about the
>expectations of our user community.

Yes, and this is exactly the right forum to raise them in.  Thus, to address
your last question first:

>There are many other questions that need to be asked...I would suggest
>that a Comments textarea could usefully be added to each question to allow
>us to qualify our responses where appropriate.

I would suggest that we hash these things out here by email and at our
meetings - I don't think it's really possible or even desirable to expand
the 8879 voting booth to try to capture all the minutiae at this point; its
purpose is, as much as anything, for us to discover where we have areas of
broad agreement, so we can focus our thinking and time away from those.

Cheers, Tim Bray
tbray@textuality.com http://www.textuality.com/ +1-604-488-1167