Parameter entity references in WF docs

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:19:44 -0700
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
I'm now putting PE reference handling in Lark, and it's turning into
quite a lot of code - since these things are just for DTD's, and Lark
is nonvalidating anyhow, I'm wondering if the extra processing and code
size required are in the spirit of XML, particularly for lightweight
standalone processing.  It seems like PE's are largely in the spec to
support authoring-end activities.

Would it be reasonable to think about saying either that
(a) PErefs should not be used in the internal DTD subset, or
(b) PErefs should not be used in WF docs?

 - Tim