AW: Is ist always possible to define a DTD for Well Formed XMLDocume nts?

From: Weichel Bernhard (K3/EES4) <Bernhard.Weichel@pcm.bosch.de>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 16:00:07 +0200
To: "'w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org'" <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>

>----------

I did not really ask for a grammar generator. My point was, that there
might
be another level of "well formedness", where an XML can rely on a known
structure
even if the document is not parsed using a DTD, which lead me to the
proposal
of "well structured" documents.

I also donīt want to specify quality levels of DTDs.
My intention was to make it easier to handle XML documents:

	use a simple parser (non validating parser)
	make application simple and robust by having a limited set of structure
		in this case, the DTD-reference is a kind of "contract"

Regards/Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Bernhard Weichel              Phone:  (49) 711 811 8322
Robert Bosch GmbH               Fax:  (49) 711 811 8262
Dept. K3/EES4                 eMail:  bernhard.weichel@pcm.bosch.de
P.O. Box 30 02 40
D-70442 Stuttgart
Germany

My recend postings had attached the same stuff again as MS-Exchange.
This did not happen with other internet mails. So I try it again here
apologizing in advance
if it happens again which this mailing list.