RE: what's a parser's job? [was: RE: SD5 - Namespaces - New Versi on 2]

From: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:41:25 -0700
To: "'lee@sq.com'" <lee@sq.com>, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Thanks for the qualification.  I meant only that one can read a
well-formed XML document, producing a tree (grove) of its parts, without
actually going to the second level and validating it, so I see that we
are in agreement.

I don't mind being educated on specialized use of terminology.  (Though
I'm still getting over the shock I had when I discovered three
different, vocal user communities all using "meta-data" to mean three
wildly different things.)

--Andrew Layman
   AndrewL@microsoft.com