Re: Semi-transparent Syntax Extensions (was Re: SD5 - Namespaces)

Matthew Fuchs wrote:

> After much discussion, I think namespaces and architectural forms address
> different, but related problems.  I would say the namespace issue is almost
> purely syntactic, and the architecture issue is more semantic.

I think I'm agreeing with you, but: "We only care about conflicting
names because of the need to reliably apply semantics." You could say
the same of the Lambda Calculus. It is only when you apply the semantics
of beta-reduction that it becomes relevant that two objects have the
same name.

 Paul Prescod