Re: Semi-transparent Syntax Extensions (was Re: SD5 - Namespaces)

At 01:17 AM 5/23/97 -0400, Arjun Ray wrote:
>FWIW, I would prefer a way to indicate namespaces via attribute trickery,
>because down the road I can see somebody discovering the need to
>accomodate name-sharing across name-spaces and thus a way to specify more
>than one name-space as "simultaneously active". The CONCUR syntax allows
>this, as does Eliot's suggestion to use architectures (if I've understood
>that correctly), but a construction like 'name-space:gi' doesn't.

You understand it correctly.  Each architecture provides it's own attribute
for naming the form from which the element is derived.  Thus an element can
be derived from multiple forms at once.  In addition, any architecture may
itself be derived from other architectures, giving you a derivation hierarchy.

Cheers,

Eliot