Re: SD1 - Short End Tags [fmt]

From: Matthew Fuchs <matt@wdi.disney.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 14:08:18 -0700
To: lee@sq.com, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
That would work if the transmission is long enough.  Of course, it would make
my life (and that of the DPH) more complicated.  Isn't this possible:

<?XML version="1.0" RMD='INTERNAL'?>
<!doctype bogus [
<!entity of "<firstname>">
<!entity cf "</firstname>">
<!entity ol "<lastname>">
<!entity cl "</lastname>">
]>
<author>
  &of;foo&cf;
  &ol;bar&cl;
</author>

Then I could have the parse worry about it, and not me.  Here, including some
of the DTD is even shorter than an alternative.

Matthew Fuchs
matt@wdi.disney.com