Re: SD4 - Schema Format [fmt]

From: Paul Grosso <paul@arbortext.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 18:59:48 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
I'm not sure what I think of this one yet philosophically--that is,
it sounds attractive in theory--but I do know that given SGML
compatibility issues and the effort it would take to put something
like this into the XML-lang spec at this time, accepting this
proposal would be subjecting the XML design process to a minimum
six month delay/extension.

Given that we have designed XML not to need a DTD for many light weight
applications and given that the current syntax works when a DTD is
needed, I'd have to hope we don't feel we need to do this now.

paul