RE: SD1 - Short End Tags

Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com> wrote:
> So, let's concentrate on the main argument: Are
> short end tags different in character from OMITTAG, SHORTREF etc.?
Yes -- SHORTTAG is quite different from OMITTAG and SHORTREF.

> Do they have compelling value for certain applications such as data
> transfer?

It seems to me that there are very compelling reasons _not_ to use
short tags for data transfer.  It is in fact the one are where I would
most strongly recommend against them, as data transfer is where you most
want robustness and the possibility of good error detection.

Several other approaches have been suggested on this list -- have you
considered these?

Lee