Re: SD1 - Short End Tags

> Paul Prescod wrote:
> ... But the more I think about it the less I care
> about those other applications. ...

I care because I would like to see client software develop that can do
more with data/documents than they do now. If there is an acceptable XML
solution to the database representation question, then it is more likely
that XML clients will develop that support both data types and provide
a end user more options in managing the view of the data.

Of course, this position is based on the belief that the distinction
between database and document is shrinking.  As we start seeing more
and more "documents" that are partially or completely comprised of
data extracted from databases, it becomes more important to find ways
to give the client more options over how that data is viewed and
manipulated.

Dave