Re: PIFLE (was Re: Are PIs useful?)

Steve DeRose wrote:
> * I also think it could be useful to create a convention or rule for how to
> put PIC in your PIs; just because otherwise everyone has to invent it all
> over again (I actually think SGML should have allowed character references
> or at least > inside PIs, but it didn't).

Er, this isn't the case.  SGML _does_ allow you to put charater references
and entities inside processing instructions.  It just doesn't say what
they mean, and doesn't require an SGML application to do anything with them.
But they are not forbidden.

So XML could easily suggest such a convention.

Lee