Re: SD2 - Structured Attributes

It seems to me this proposal is redundant with namespaces.  As Lee has pointed
out obliquely, if there is that must structure, then it should be an element.
 In the case given here, can't we say that XML-DSIG is in the security
namespace. If I'm not interested in security, I'll know I can ignore it.
 Alternatively we can have a means for declaring that certain elements extend
other elements, and whether the extension is transparent or not (in this case
it is - the extension can be ignored if you don't know about it).

I suspect this'll only get support if you can find a compelling example which
is almost impossible through less radical means.

Matthew Fuchs
matt@wdi.disney.com