Re: SD4 - Schema format: relation to existing XML-lang

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 15:39:50 BST
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
By using the words 'XML application' I meant to convey that the
examples I distributed could (minimally) be viewed straight-forwardly
as well-formed XML documents per the current XML-lang spec, with their
semantics as schema specification being left to a generic application.

I agree that a position in which compliant VALIDATING parsers have to
handle BOTH the existing XML-lang way of specifying what Jean called
schemas, i.e. with <!element ...> etc., and a new way of specification
along the lines I outlined, would be at best unpopular.

ht