Re: XML, SGML & the Web (was: Shorthand for default attributes)

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 20:30:56 -0400
To: Bert Bos <bbos@mygale.inria.fr>
CC: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Bert Bos wrote:
> XML is not a hypertext format. XML is a format for *one node* in a
> hypertext, just as HTML.

If I have a long HTML or XML document with links between sections is
that still a single node? I think that the object referenced by each
link is its own node whether it is shown as part of a larger scroll or
not. The choice to display the section in context or not does not affect
the hypertext semantics.

 Paul Prescod