Bill's example

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 11:33:31 -0700
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Upon reflection, I think that Bill's scenario (fractured call-for-help
from a built-in car GPS/communicator system) probably works fine
in the draconian model.  If the communicator was in good enough
shape to ship out a WF doc, help gets dispatched immediately and
automatically.

If the doc is broken in the way that Bill suggested (missing end-tag
half way through), the system notices an error, and probably raises
a red flag, saying that a partial message came in but got scrambled,
and shows this to a human, probably including the fully-marked-up
part after the breakage, which is allowed.  I would say that in
a system such as this, such a breakage is probably a "Code 99"
event worthy of immediate attention.  Said human looks at it, and
calls the ambulance.  I think the results in this scenario are
about the best that could be hoped for.

 - Tim