PERef to empty Entity in AttDef

From: Norbert H. MIKULA <e_nmiku@utila.ifi.uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 18:42:43 +0200
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
So I have managed to fold and strech NXP so that it can
handle (multiple) PERefs of the form "" in AttDef's.
Looks like I can now parse both the old as well as the
new DuckBook DTD.

*****
Fact is however, I believe, that there is still no agreement on
whether we (want to) allow that, or not.
*****

Any clearification is appreciated. I am somewhat
reluctant to release a version of NXP which contains
a "feature" that I have to take away later on.

FYI: Michael McQueen posted a Lex/Yacc solution.
I could not really use it in my case because
my general approach is a different one. However,
it made me step back and look at it again, and ..
it was fruitful. Sometimes the obvious is *too*
obvious .... Thanx for the wakeup call ;-) !

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula@edu.uni-klu.ac.at
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula