Re: Error Handling

No more opinions from me, but one point of information:

At 05:48 PM 5/6/97 -0700, Bill Smith wrote:
>In a prior posting I asked whether an error must be reported when an
>XML page transfer (to a browser) is interrupted ...

>If this is not required, it will be possible to receive an "invalid"
>document but process a portion of it as if it were valid. This seems
>contrary to the goal of the draconian model

Yes, transmission errors are more or less equivalent to
WF errors in the draconian model.  Clearly in the Net environment
you have to allow stream processing.  You motor along until the
bytes stop coming in, or they are malformed; then you stop.  A good
implementation will be able to tell the difference, of course. -Tim