Introducing myself

From: Bert Bos <bbos@mygale.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 13:47:51 +0200 (MET DST)
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Before I dive into the discussion, let me introduce myself briefly.

I'm working for W3C in Sophia-Antipolis, France, as W3C's
internationalization coordinator. I'm also co-author of the CSS1
specification and am on the CSS WG and HTML WG. I'll be taking over
some of Dan Connolly's tasks as coordinator for XML in a month or two.

I learned SGML (and a bit of TEI) from Harry Gaylord, when I worked at
the University in Groningen. My proposal for SGML-Lite was one of the
inputs to this XML WG. I implemented it in a browser that I wrote when
still in Groningen.

I've studied XML also by implementing it, see my Home Page. I just
added an implementation of the Xpointers from XML-link. The code isn't
very efficient, I must admit, but I designed and implemented it in
just one day, so I'm not too worried.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/People/Bos/                      INRIA/W3C
  +33 4 93 65 77 71               06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France