From w3c-sgml-wg-request@w3.org Fri Mar 28 15:41:43 1997
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:40:09 -0800
From: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: public/catalog [was: Re: ERB Decisions of March 26th]
Sender: w3c-sgml-wg-request@w3.org

The basic reason that we do not yet have public identifiers in XML is
because we have not agreed on a default resolution mechanism.  Paul
Grosso has posted two messages that, taken together, propose a such a
mechanism.  Could those who claim to be interested in seeing public
identifiers implemented in XML please comment on Paul's proposal?

Jon