Re: IDs - make them case sensitive

At 12:03 PM 6/27/97, Tim Bray wrote:
>At 05:03 AM 28/06/97 +1000, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>>I think that what people really need is a way to add arbitrary
>>grove-aware lexical parsing to any attribute.  To be able to say: "this
>>is the lexical model for this attribute, and it has to be unique (or
>>present) in this namespace."

>No, we don't want a lexical model.  We want CDATA, but unique.  Which
>is not too much for XML.

Which is to say you do want a lexical model:  you want the model known as
CDATA rather than the one known as NAME.  I think what you meant was that
"we" don't want to be able to specify arbitrary lexical models differing
from document to document or even from element type to element type.

Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

davep@acm.org