Re: IDs - make them case sensitive

From: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:49:05 -0700
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
% From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
%
% Lauren Wood wrote:
% > If I want to make a database connection between elements in a document,
% > and records in a database, and want to use the database key to tie
% > them together, it's useful to be able to put numerics in an ID.
%
% You can put numbers in an ID. You just have to start with a name start
% character. But even if that wasn't the case, don't you have the same
% problem when you want to make database connections between entities and
% records? Connections between element types/attribute names and database
% records may be rare, but they are not non-sensical.

In theory, maybe I would. In practice, I've wanted the other. And without
having to fudge adding a letter to start with.

Lauren