Re: XML-LINK: EXTENDED and EMBED

From: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:13:46 -0700
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Without getting into the details of Peter's attempt to define generic
expectations for link handling, I think that all such specifications
belong in a document separate from the ones we're currently working
on.  I believe that there is a general consensus among the ERB that we
will need to agree eventually on some default behaviors for various
categories of user agents such as Web browsers, but that this is not
the time or place to be engaged in that activity.

Perhaps xml-dev is the right place to discuss early informal
agreements among the developers of particular kinds of applications.

Jon