Re: Parameter entities vs. GI name gro

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:23:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> At 02:07 PM 19/06/97 -0400, B. Tommie Usdin wrote:
> Except for this sentence, I agree with the rest of Tommie's posting.
> I want to lose PE's and am willing to accept that for people who need
> to live in a complex-DTD world, they'll probably have to use Full SGML.

It seems odd to me that we are going to add complexity to help people who
need to publish databases but remove complexity required by people who need to
publish large, complex documents adhering to large, complex DTDs. Aren'
t large, complex documents with large, complex DTDs the reason we are
*here*? I am concerned about this shift in focus from publishing large
documents to solving the world's problems.

 Paul Prescod