Re: Parameter entities vs. GI name groups

>----------

I would not appreciate this!

GI name groups cover to a small portion coming close to the logical
structure of the DTD.
Parameter entities relate to the physical structure.

><!ELEMENT (a|b|c) ...>
><!ATTLIST (x|y|z) ...>
>
>We plan to vote on this at next Wednesday's meeting; your input is welcome.
>
>The reasons to prefer GI name groups:

These are good reasons for GI name groups.
No good reasons to remove PE.

>One consequence:
>
>o Existing DTDs and any new complex DTDs that need parameter entities would
>  have to be transformed to resolve parameter entities before XML delivery
>  (note that several existing tools, such as NormDTD, do this)

Using this argument, we could restart discussing an alternative schema
language, which would be another physical structure of the DTD.

I would be sad, if PEs are going away.

Removing PEs implies removing Marked Sections also!?

Regards/Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Bernhard Weichel              Phone:  (49) 711 811 8322
Robert Bosch GmbH               Fax:  (49) 711 811 8262
Dept. K3/EES4                 eMail:  bernhard.weichel@pcm.bosch.de
P.O. Box 30 02 40
D-70442 Stuttgart
Germany