Re: ERB meeting of June 18

At 11:31 18/6/97 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:

>We will add new attributes LOCAL-ROLE and LOCAL-LABEL to both simple
>and extended links, which may be used to provide ROLE and LABEL
>information for the content, which, assuming INLINE="TRUE", will be
>referred to as the local resource.  If INLINE="FALSE" but LOCAL-*
>attribute(s) are present, this is not an error, but the LOCAL-*
>attributes have no effect.

It took me some time to equate LOCAL with CONTENT. I would prefer
CONTENT-ROLE and CONTENT-LABEL as more explicit names.

>3. On the subject formerly known as "Link-4: Extended Linking Group
>Indirection", we decided that:
>- the explanation obviously needs to be improved, many readers didn't
>  get the idea
>- we will add a new XML-XLG-STEPS attribute to the GROUP element
>  saying how many steps the author thinks a processor should chain out,
>  in order to build the appropriate set of links.  However, this will
>  be treated only as a hint and will have no required effect on
>  XML-Link processing.

Is this a CDATA attribute with an implied value?

----
Martin Bryan, 29 Oldbury Orchard, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029  E-mail: mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com
For details about The SGML Centre contact http://www.sgml.u-net.com/
For details about the Open Information Interchange initiative contact
http://www.echo.lu/oii/home.html