RE: DSIGS

At 8:38 PM -0500 5/23/97, Andrew Layman wrote:
>Oh.  I agree that we don't want to preclude validation.  Just that
>validation and namespaces are separate issues.
>
>--Andrew Layman
>   AndrewL@microsoft.com

As part of my review of namespace blather I came upon this anti-gem.

Since validation is not possible in the presence of arbitrary included
markup unless that markup is part of a DTD, the GI-hacking namespace
proposals are all intimately related to the question of validation. Wishing
will not make the problem go away, so we need to address it if we adopt any
such proposal. If architectural forms meet the need, of course, these are
all non-questions, or at best, possible improvements for some future xml
2.0 or 1.1 or whatever.