Re: Subelement addressing

Tim wrote:
> The idea is to introduce a new XML-link locator keyword STRING
> that would work as follows:
>
> STRING(7, 8, "LITERAL")
A better example might be
    STRING(7, 8, "Priscilla")
if I understand you correctly, or does the string "LITERAL" actually
have to appear?

If I have it right, this seems very sensible.  It's a special case of
TEI's pattern matching, of course.

> which would denote a location at the 8th character following the beginning
> of the 7th match to the literal LITERAL.
[...]

> However, such a keyword would have to appear at the *end* of a
> chain of locator keywords.

Shame.  It would be useful to link to the whole of the first footnote
containing the string "Francis Bacon"...

Lee