Re: When and how should tesuji be a link?

David G. Durand wrote:
> Single-ended out of line links can be used to implement external tagging of
> documents.

Links with only one end seem like a logical impossibility. What are they
"linking"?

> This can be useful for marking up read-only unmarked documents,
> or for recording alternative markup of a single document. Conventions for
> expressing that semantics for links jhave not yet evolved, but are
> certainly possible and useful.

Okay, so they are "linking" semantics and data. I believe that the
"semantic" should be considered a resource in which case there are two
resources and two ends.

 Paul Prescod