Re: When and how should tesuji be a link?

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:03:52 +0100
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Cc: elm@arbortext.com
At 16:12 14/6/97 -0400, Eve Maler wrote:

>  Just to complete this picture, I wanted to point out that there
>  seems to be no good reason to create a linking type for out-of-line
>  links that point to only one other resource in the syntactic
>  style of <A>.  The creation of out-of-line links assumes enough
>  sophistication that we don't need the syntactic sugar of making
>  an entry-level "single" version available.

Not true Eve. I might choose to do link managment out-of-line. I might know
I want to link a point in a document to some point that is not currently
available (say the file is scheduled to be completed next week). How do I
indicate that I have a deliberate dangling link? By creating a one resource
out-of-line link! At present you model is location+ not (location,
location+). Lets leave it that way.
----
Martin Bryan, 29 Oldbury Orchard, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029  E-mail: mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com
For details about The SGML Centre contact http://www.sgml.u-net.com/
For details about the Open Information Interchange initiative contact
http://www.echo.lu/oii/en/oiistand.html