Re: USES Notations (was part of Update on namespaces)

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 11:32:09 EDT
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com> wrote:
> You can only attach link
> notation processors to valid link elements. You can only attach CALS tables
> notation processors to elements that conform to the CALS table model

Martin, go take a look at Panorama -- or any other ViewPort-based product --
to see why this is not true.

For example, in a Panorama style sheet, I can say that DIV is a table, with
H1 being a table cell.  Now, there are no CALS span attributes and no
colspec elements, but Panorama happily makes do with the subset.  Such a
style sheet ships with Panorama Publisher Pro.

And, of course, all the elements are different, as are the content models.

So I don't think this really counts as conforming to the CALS table model.

Lee