Re: KISS (was: Parameter entity references)

From: len bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 21:44:19 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:

> Alex writes: Simplicity does not always equal functionality.
>
> May I second that.  DTDs without parameter entities are MORE
> difficult, not less difficult,  to write, to read, and
> ESPECIALLY to maintain.
>
> They are more difficult to parse.

Umm... no functionality is lost without them.  Some ease of
maintenance goes away.

But since the majority appears to want them, and they aren't
hard to implement we are told, I've no objection to them
being there.  I prefer fewer features because I think the
odds of a first season hit are better without the big show
number in the first act.

len