Re: New work-queue item: Conditional inclusion

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:20:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> It's b.a.d. (Broken As Designed), occassioned by an initial specification
> failure to locate the FRAMESET element in HEAD.

Specification?

I understood NOFRAMES to be what is displayed by browsers that do not display
frames or choose not to do so right now. As long as the browsers share
semantics it works fine. You point out that they don't always. But isn't that
the job of XML-Style? Conditional display seems as easy as

(element FRAMESET (empty-sosofo))

to me.

 Paul Prescod