Re: KISS (was: Parameter entity references in WF docs)

lee@sq.com wrote:
> If many XML users won't be using DTDs, PEs will merely discourage
> implementations very slightly without adding any functionality at all for
> most users -- not what we want.
>
> If most XML users work with DTDs, it's another matter.

If most XML users do NOT work with DTDs, then there are one of two
reasons either a) someone else is writing their DTDs (in which case that
someone else probably needs parameter entities) or b) they aren't using
a DTD (in which case we should be making DTD writing easy to encourage
them to use them).

 Paul Prescod