Re: "Open Interchange"

From: Murata Makoto <murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 20:25:39 +0900
To: <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
Rick Jelliffe writes:

>> From: Murata Makoto <murata@apsdc.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp>
>
>> Hashigo-Daga, etc., full text search will become impossible.

Oops.  Hashigo-Daka is correct  (not Da*g*a).

>Which is why we must have a better character model.
snip

All Rick wrote is reasonable and interestring.  However, I do not think
such a model is required for XML this year.  Also, I would like to wait
for Level 3 and 4 Character Sets of JIS, which should appear at the end
of next year.  I also heard that Adobe is preparing a new type of PS
fonts, which allows printing of "Hashigo-Daka" for the "Taka"
character, etc.

Makoto

Fuji Xerox Information Systems

Tel: 044-812-7230   Fax: 044-812-7231