Re: KISS (was: Parameter entity references in WF docs)

At 18:57 31/5/97 GMT, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
>In message <339050AB.549B@hiwaay.net> len bullard writes:
>[...]
>> > this because, I believe, somebody suggested dropping [PEs] at all).
>>
>> I have.
>
>I did as well. ...
>XML has a great deal that is expected of it.  IMO the only way that it can
>manage it is to be as modular as possible and for those modules to be as
>simple as possible.

Oh yes, lets have modular name spaces so we can share DTD and data fragments
and no parameter entities so we have to load everything raw into our master
DTD. Can you please explain the benefit of a modular name spaces in such an
scenario! (Can you also please take the time to tell Microsoft what they
should use in place of XML!)
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/