Re: 3.2.b Locators in attributes or elements?

Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> wrote:

> The ERB schedule calls for voting on Feb. 26 on these items.
>
> 3.2.b Should the locators of a general link be packaged in attributes
> as in HyTime, or as child elements as in the initial draft?

To allow maximum flexibility in DTD design, I would prefer
that both be allowed (in fact I'd like to see this in HyTime too...).

If it has to be one or the other, I'd vote for putting them
in atttributes (partly for compatibility with HyTime, and partly
because that seems like the simplest and easiest to use).

--Joe English

  jenglish@crl.com