Re: 2.1 a-d: Link Recognition by Reserved Attribute?

Gavin Nicol wrote:

> >>2.1.a Should we allow link recognition via a reserved attribute?
> >[...]
> >>2.2.a Should we allow link recognition via a reserved GI?
>
> Should this "allow" be read as "require" or "define"? XML/SGML
> allow this now... the question is whether we want to standardise
> on some recognition methodology.

We do, I think.  We have to make this simpler.  Henry's descriptions
are starting to read like ISO 10744 with new terms.  That is
regrettable.

We can't prevent use of the GI, and in fact, it
is in use. We should encourage use of the attribute.  We can
have both.  The PIs are useful for registering forms.

len