Re: 1.4 a-c: Basic Terminology

At 11:09 AM 31/01/97 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>1.4.a What do we call the container used to hold the bits that
> point at other things?  (in current discussion: link)
>1.4.b What do we call the bits that point at other things? (in current
> discussion: pointer)
>1.4.c What do we call the things that are pointed at? (in current
> discussion: terminus)

Sign me up for link, pointer, and terminus.  Motivation: a link is
what people expect, fewer suprises are better.  Pointer: I could
be swayed on this one, but it's nicely mnemonic, a single word, and
not already used by any of the existing hypertext tribes.  Terminus:
I like this one a lot, same reasons as pointer, plus both the denotation
and connotations are good. -Tim