Re: Sudden death: request for missing input

From: Todd Freter <Todd.Freter@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 07:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
cc: W3C SGML Working Group <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>

Thanks for this key reminder:

> We went to a lot of work to make well-formedness easy.  It is a very
> low bar to get over... much easier than producing valid HTML.

It's sufficiently compelling that I no longer have the same reservations that
I did about your original "draconian" proposal.

XML's ease of implementation and ease of use for hand-coders should be a
significant plank in any positioning and marketing of XML. Certainly XML's
ease of use should be more fundamental than "the customer is always right."