Re: Linking to stylesheets in XML

From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Date: 23 Apr 1997 15:01:38 +0100
To: lex@www.copsol.com
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
[legal reqs]
   In most cases they are actually in the state laws.  Some county recorders
   will not accept documents that don't conform, others will just assign a
   penalty.

Ewww. Hardcoding. Lawyers should be forced to use TECO as penalty :-)

   Silly, but that's life in the banking industry.

Similar tricks have been played elsewhere :-)

   > But this all belongs in a stylesheet: did I miss something?

   No, you really didn't miss anything.  It absolutely belongs in a stylesheet.
   I am just trying to make a case for a "higher level" of print-oriented
   control so I can send legal documents and have a user be able to have a
   binding document when they print.

I think you'll have a lot of support.

///Peter